Oh yeah we know you think we are cynical bunch… Some have said we must be burnt out hacks, sitting in an internet glass house, lobbing digital stones at the Instagram masses. But no, it’s not like that at all. We have love in our hearts. We often skip through the waves, go on picnics and hold hands as an office team building exercise. We love what you love, just harder, with more tenderness. That’s why we have dedicated this week’s Surf Burp, to love. May it strike you down like on a pig on heat!
1. Romantic love. Cooper Chapman, at the tender age of 18, seems to be firmly in touch with his romantic side, as this pic from the Sydneysider shows. Times sure have changed. When we where 18, a half bottle of Spumante and a finger was about as romantic as you could get.
2. Fool’s Love. There was a few tricks doing the rounds on April 1, but none better than Steph Gilmore’s effort.
3. Transgender Love. Wilko’s cross dressing love seems to have gone from a intermittent fling to a fully fledged intense relationship. In fact he hasn’t been seen out of a bikini since October 2012.
4. Strange Love. When Jamie O’Brien professes his love for a flat, turd coloured ale brewed in the north east of England, whilst at a Lakers game in LA, you know things are getting strange.
5. The Love That Dares Not Speak Its Name. Kneeboarding has been so moved to the margins that they are now forced to surf in special protected reserves, on a full moon until the breeding program takes hold. Here Tanner Gudauskas does his bit for the preservation of the species.
6. King Love. Red Bull coach Andy King finished up with a few of his charges at Bells, prompting an outpouring of love for the man with the largest nose, shortest temper, biggest heart and straightest talk in surfing.
7. Puppy Love. Jordy Smith’s girl is never one to keep her affection hidden, and here after a 7.5, she almost creams her frillies.
8. Model Love. Isn’t it amazing that really good looking people tend to fall in love with really good looking people. Their children then end up being really good looking people and so it goes. Here Julian Wilson steps into the vicious circle.
9. The Deepest Love. This from Ray Collins, showing how deep love can really be.