Michael Peterson was one of Australia’s greatest surfers, winning the Bells Beach Pro three times, back to back. For five years he won virtually every contest he entered and his aggressive surfing provided the centrepiece for Albert Falzon’s film Morning of the Earth in 1972. Locked up after a 15 car Police chase, he was eventually diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and has not surfed since.
The Surf Screen is excited to announce that the hit film Searching for Michael Peterson (accompanied by it’s director Jolyon Hoff) will be touring across the UK throughout August 2009. Check out the teaser, then take a butchers at the screening dates below and go watch it.
More Surfing >>
Screening dates for Searching for Michael Peterson include:
* Tuesday 4th August: Roxy Bar and Screen (SE1), Bourough High Street, London. Doors open 7pm, screening at 8pm, £3 on the door.
* Wednesday 5th August: The Sallis Benney Theatre, Grand Parade, Brighton. Doors open 7:30pm, screening at 8pm, £5 on the door or in advance through Brighton Dome Box office: 01273 709 709
* Friday 7th August: The Lighthouse, Poole, Dorset, call: 0844 406 8666 for details
* Saturday 8th August: Solva memorial Hall, Solva, Nr St Davids, Wales. Screening at 8pm, £5 on the door
* Sunday 9th August: The Cube Cinema, 4 Princess Row, Bristol, Somerset. Screening at 8pm, £5 on the door
*Tuesday 11th August: Bude Community Cinema, The Parkhouse Centre, Bude, screening at 8pm, £5 on the door
*Other screenings in Cornwall to be announced: see www.thesurfscreen.com for details and updates.