Mick Fanning is 2006 Nova Schin Champ
Mick Fanning left nothing to chance in the finals of the Nova Schin Championships, blasting to a 9.50 and a 9.27 leaving his Floridian opponent both stupefied and comboed.
Fanning absolutely tore apart the tricky righthanders blending his trademark lightning snaps with hard carves and huge airs.
Hobgood attempted a comeback mid-heat with a 7.50, but ultimately fell short. Damo will receive a 2nd-place finish and is looking solid going into Pipe.
With this victory, Mick gets the 2 place on the WCT raiting with 6638 points, ahead of Taj Burrow, Bobby Martinez and Andy Irons.
See you at Pipeline from the 8th December with Rip Curl!
- Quarterfinal 1: Damien Hobgood (USA) def. CJ Hobgood (USA)
- Quarterfinal 2: Fredrick Patacchia (HAW) def. Darren O'Rafferty (AUS)
- Quarterfinal 3: Phillip MacDonald (AUS) def. Greg Emslie (ZAF)
- Quarterfinal 4: Mick Fanning (AUS) def. Bobby Martinez (USA)
- Semifinal 1: Damien Hobgood (USA) def. Fred Patacchia (HAW)
- Semifinal 2: Mick Fanning (AUS) def. Phillip MacDonald (AUS)
THE FINALS: MICK FANNING (AUS) DEF. DAMIEN HOBGOOD (USA)