Mick Fanning has just defeated Jordy Smith in the Final of the Moche Rip Curl Pro Portugal 2014 this afternoon, his 3rd event win of the season.
The final itself wasn’t exactly a classic in terms of entertainment, with Mick catching six waves and Jordy just the one. One!
What exactly that means in terms of title race is that if Medina loses early at Pipe and Mick makes the final… is this, apparently (below).
And yes, we stole it from Surfingmag.com. Damn they’re good, those Americans! Even if they do call it ‘math’…
– If Gabriel makes the final at Pipe, he wins the World Title.
– If Gabriel places 3rd or 5th at Pipe, Mick must win Pipe to claim the World Title. Kelly is fucked.
– If Gabriel places 9th at Pipe, Mick must place 2nd at Pipe to claim the World Title. Kelly is fucked.
– If Gabriel places 13th or 25th at Pipe, Mick must place 3rd to beat Gabriel or 5th to tie.
– Kelly needs to win Pipe and hope Mick gets 3rd or worse and Gabs get 13th or worse…